The Reach Free School is a Good school, with Outstanding Leadership and Management, and Outstanding Personal Development, Behaviour and Welfare, says Ofsted
The school was inspected by Her Majesty’s Inspectorate, Ofsted, on 27th and 28th February 2019 and the report is now available for us to share. It gives me immense pleasure to inform you that Ofsted have recognised the significant improvement since our 2015 inspection. They once again judged the school to be ‘Good’, but this time ‘Leadership and Management’ and ‘Personal Development, Behaviour and Welfare’ are judged to be ‘Outstanding’. This is recognition for the efforts of all the pupils, parents, staff and governors associated with the school.
During their visit the Ofsted inspectors observed lessons, scrutinised pupils’ work and spoke to pupils, staff and governors about their experience of the school. Some of the highlights of the report include:
- The excellent relationships between staff and pupils and between pupils create an extremely positive atmosphere
- The overriding impression for a visitor is of a happy, relaxed community with confident pupils working in lessons and relaxing in breaks with great maturity.
- The behaviour of pupils is outstanding. Behaviour in lessons and around the school at break and lunchtime is exemplary. Pupils are excellent ambassadors for the school.
- Leadership is outstanding because leaders and governors have very successfully established a school that is highly ambitious for its pupils, academically, socially and in preparing them for the world.
- …the more time that pupils spent in the school, the better their progress.
- Pupils told inspectors that the best thing about the school is that the teachers are always available to help them
- There is very effective use of learning time in lessons. This results from pupils’ excellent behaviour and positive attitudes to learning
- Teachers display very secure subject knowledge, which gives pupils confidence
- The new sixth form has been created successfully