Dates: Apply by Friday 25th April, start September 2014
Contract type: Part Time
Contract term: Permanent
Salary Academy Trust Payscale (competitive salary, above fringe MPS, based on skills and experience)
The Reach Free School is a new secondary Free School for the young people of Mill End, Maple Cross and Rickmansworth, which opened in September 2013.
Borne from the need for more secondary school places in the area, The Reach Free School has been established and developed by a group of teachers and local parents. It aspires to be an outstanding school, where every child achieves academic excellence, contributes to their community, and enjoys learning.
We are seeking to add to our team of talented, energetic and visionary teachers an enthusiastic and committed teacher of Technology, with a specialism in Food Technology. This unique opportunity offers the right candidate the chance to play a wide-ranging and integral role in the formative years of the school’s existence. Experience of teaching different elements of Design & Technology such as Graphics or Textiles, along with ICT, is desirable. This position would suit an experienced teacher looking for a part-time role.
You will have a passion for your subject area, and a track record of excellent teaching, collaboration and creativity. You will hold and embody the highest expectations of your pupils and will have the drive and ambition to create an outstanding environment for learning, in your subject area and beyond.
The ability to teach a second subject would be an advantage for this post.
The Reach Free School is looking for its teachers to:
• Be outstanding practitioners who inspire pupils and colleagues
• Be creative in delivering a rigorous, academic curriculum
• Believe that every child can and will succeed
• Be flexible, collaborative and resilient
• Be excited about helping to design and create every aspect of the school, including the curriculum, policies and the extended day programme
• Contribute to the whole life of the school through our extra-curricular programme
• Have the highest ambitions for your pupils, the school and yourself
In return we will offer you:
• A unique opportunity to be a key member of staff and help establish the school
• A happy and supportive working environment with high expectations and standards
• An opportunity to pioneer an exciting new curriculum
• A network of outstanding practitioners to collaborate with and learn from
• Leadership and management opportunities both now, and in the future as the school grows
If the challenges of working to establish a new, outstanding local school appeal to you, then we would like to hear from you.
Further information is available from our website: www.thereachfreeschool.co.uk
Potential candidates are encouraged to contact The Reach Free School with any questions on 01923 224764 or via email at [email protected]
Closing date for applications: Friday 25th April
Interviews to take place: Week beginning 28th April
The Reach Free School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and expects all staff to share this commitment. In accordance with our Child Protection Policy we are unable to process applications without a fully completed application form. The post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. All convictions, cautions and bind-overs, including those regarded as ‘spent’ must be declared when applying. The applicant may post such a declaration in an envelope marked ‘Private & Confidential’ for the Headteacher’. The successful applicant must obtain DBS clearance at enhanced level.